There are a number of keys practices to prevent work site spills:
- If you have a spill, address the issue, report it and engage your company support teams’ onsite.
- Be aware when performing routine and repetitive tasks.
- Prepare for cold weather and ensure equipment is ready for that challenging time of year.
- Take time before a job to address hazards that could cause a spill and correct them.
- Make a pledge to have a spill free day or shift, and challenge your co-workers to do the same.
- Identify spill related hazards, near misses and positive observations on your worksite and report them to the company so we can share and learn from them.
- Inspect equipment prior to use to identify potential spill sources and correct them.
If you witness a spill on site you have the following responsibilities:
- Report the spill to your supervisor and your client representative.
- Assess the potential hazard to people and the environment, and initiate the appropriate spill response.
- Compile any necessary information regarding the spill to make the investigation process a smooth one.
The proper management of waste is extremely important to Pipeworx and our client alike. Not only do we as a company need to ensure that waste are managed to minimize environmental impact, we must strive to reduce the amount of waste we create.
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?