School Bus Safety Tips
This is a reminder to each and every one of us that it is SCHOOL BUS TIME ONCE AGAIN WITHIN OUR VARIOUS PROJECTS. Please Do Not Forget All Other Risk That Are Present within our work and the school Zone. With all student fully back to school come a significant change Outside Elementary Schools For Drivers.
Are you clearly aware of the new School zone speed limits rule in Edmonton and surrounding? If you are not aware now you know. Motorists must slow down to 30 km/h between 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on school days where new school zone signs are posted. (Unless otherwise posted). Remember you are driving Pipeworx or other company unit with a log.
Do not let the Flashing Red Lights on the school bus turn into the flashing Red Light of an ambulance.
- Stay away from the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the driver signals you to enter.
- Keep safety distance between you and the bus. Also, remember that the bus driver can see you best when you are back away from the bus.
- Stay away from the bus until the driver gives his/her signal that it’s ok to approach.
- Have a safe place to wait for your bus, away from traffic and the street.
- Be aware of the street traffic around you. Drivers are required to follow certain rules of the road concerning school buses, however, not all do.
The sooner we all come to understand that the changes were made in the interest of protecting students most at risk for injury or death the better it will be for everyone.
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?