Nothing in life will ever be easy again if you lose or injure your hands.
- Tuck your thumbs into the palms of your hands
- Now tie your shoelaces
It’s not so easy is it?
What Do I Use My Hands For?
- To provide for my family
- To work
- To eat
- To play sports
- To drive
- To do hobbies/DIY
- To use my computer
- To telephone friends/relatives
- To dress myself
- To put on a pair of shoes
- To make a cup of tea
I use my hands for almost everything I do!
Now consider your life without the full use of a hand or finger(s) or thumb. Ask yourself: What effects could that have on yourself and family’s well-being?
What Can I Do to Prevent Myself from Injuring My Hands?
Take responsibility to challenge each task. Ask yourself:
- Am I trained to carry out the task?
- Have I considered what can go wrong?
- Am I doing the task the safest way possible?
- Have I identified the danger zone to my hands?
- Am I sure my hands/fingers/thumbs are not at risk?
- Do I understand the risk assessment and related safety requirements?
- Am I using the correct tools and using them correctly?
- Am I wearing the correct PPE/gloves for the task?
If the answer is NO to any of the above STOP and seek advice.
Ask yourself : What would the quality of my life be like without my hands? Protect yourself against hand injuries.
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE IT PERSONAL. REMEMBER THAT SAFETY IS A PERSONAL BUSINESS, THAT IS RIGHT! IF YOU CANNOT HELP YOURSELF WHO WILL YOU HELP?
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?