During an event, when the alarm is sounded, all workers should remain calm, stop work, shut down all sources of ignition, (welding, vehicles, etc.), shut doors and windows (if possible), leave vehicles immediately (pull to the side of the road so as not to block emergency routes), leave your keys in the ignition and proceed to your designated Muster Point. If you cannot get to your Muster Point, make contact with your Foreman, GF, Superintendent, and or Safety Personnel to identify your location.
Keep the radio lines clear for emergency communications. In the event that a muster location may be affected by an incident, the Incident Commander (Senior Project Manager or Designate) will redirect all affected personnel to an alternate Muster Point.
Everyone is responsible for knowing where their designated Muster Points are located!!!!! Fire Wardens will walk the office complexes to ensure that no one is left inside. The Incident Commander shall ensure that daily sign-in sheets are collected and used to do a man-count. Assemble with your Foreman/GF/Superintendent/Team Lead and sign a Muster sign-in sheet.
Supervision will determine if the starting man count matches the muster man count by confirming the number of workers present at each muster point on a Muster Point Attendance Log and identifying missing personnel.
Superintendents/Team Leads or designates will report to the Incident Commander
immediately if someone is unaccounted for.
This report will include:
- Name of the employee
- Employer’s Name
- Last known working location/area
- Whether they were alone or with others
This information will be passed on to the Safety Team Lead, who will be in discussion with the Emergency Response Team and/or designated client representative(s).
All workers should know the following basic information regarding Emergency Evacuations:
- The location of their designated Muster Point
- Location of all emergency exits
- Name and location of their work area
- Name of their Foreman or his/her designate
- Names of their fellow workers
- Name of their GF/Superintendent
- Name of the Project Manager/Safety Team Lead
- Wear all PPE (Office Staff included)
- Muster point letters and meeting point numbers closest to them
- Do not use Cell Phones
- How to use a fire extinguisher and where they are located
- There is No Smoking during a Muster
- Be attentive, listen for directions and updates
- Do not operate vehicles
- You must park and exit the vehicle immediately
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?