As we begin to experience winter temperatures and conditions we will begin to experience the transition of thawing and freezing within short periods of time creating ideal conditions for slips, trips and falls.
Be on the lookout for new hazards which may include:
- Slips and falls due to frost, snow and ice.
- Slippery conditions on metal and wood.
- Overconfidence in our personal risk.
- Vehicle and equipment access and egress may be slippery.
- Refreeze issues in colder evening temperatures.
- Black ice formation in puddles, pools, etc.
- Driving hazards –slippery ground conditions.
- When driving in the dark please ensure headlights and tail lights are in the ‘ON’ position.
- Do you have your traction aids? Just a reminder traction aid season is coming soon!
- Be aware of your surroundings, identify and mitigate hazards, and commit to working safely every day to ensure our zero safety culture.
Are you prepared?
- Traction Aids
- Balaclava or Hard Hat Liner
- Almost 50% of Body Heat Lost Through Head
- Proper Gloves
- Ensure Vision & Movement is Unrestricted
- Safety Glasses – Frost Free, Glare from Snow
- Dress in Layers
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?