Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) system helps promote awareness and good practice in all aspects of the TDG program.
According to Pipeworx training policy, all Pipeworx Ltd. employee are required to have certification in H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS, and TDG at a minimum. In addition, all Supervisors, Operators and any workers involved in excavations operations must have Global Ground Disturbance Level II. All employees will be provided job specific training related to their roles and responsibilities. Specialized trades such as Welders and Pipefitters will have their appropriate level of certification in place and verified.
This safety Flash is designed to provide some overview on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) system and employee responsibilities under the Act and Regulations. Everyone concerned with Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) should:
- Understand the hazards of each class of dangerous goods.
- Recognize the dangers that are shown by labels and placards.
- Carry a valid training certificate.
- Handle dangerous goods carefully to prevent leaks.
- Take action in case of an emergency.
In addition to those basic responsibilities, the person who prepares the shipment has to:
- Look up the classification of the dangerous goods, including the shipping name and UN number.
- Select the right container and make sure the shipment is securely packaged.
- Fill out the shipping document etc.
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?