Use of Tag Lines: According to the researchers, hundreds of people are injured or killed as a result of crane accident in Canada every year. Many accidents happen as a result of failure to control the load.
To help eliminate the risk, use taglines for controlling awkward loads and manoeuvring them into positions.
- Use taglines to control loads when their use is practical and will not create additional hazards.
- After securing load with taglines, stay clear of the load and well forward of the load.
- Use tagline that is the appropriate length.
- If it’s necessary to guide the load, stay well away from the wheels or tracks of the crane.
- When guiding load, remain clearly visible to the crane operator at all times.
- Do not tie knots in the tagline.
- Do not wrap the tagline around your hand / wrist.
- Never walk between the suspended load and the crane.
- Assess the path of the lift and remove any obstructions prior to commencing the lift.
- Ensure the lifting area is barricaded off and appropriate tags are affixed informing other workers of the operations.
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?