Proactively involving the utility owner in the work we do around power lines will ensure work is completed safely and in a timely and efficient manner. The electrical utility can also assist in setting safe limits of approached and in developing a safe work plan.
The voltage of the electricity and the available electrical current in regular businesses and homes has enough power to cause death by electrocution. Even
changing a light bulb without unplugging the lamp can be hazardous.
The vapors of flammable liquids present the most serious hazards. The vapors can easily ignite or explode. Flammable liquid vapors are heavier than air and may settle in low spots, or move a significant distance from the liquid itself.
We use flammable liquids every day; they are all around us, at work and at home. Flammable liquids can cause a fire, explosions and serious health effects due to exposure from fumes and vapor. We must be vigilant at all times and avoid these situations.