Prior to leaving site for the Christmas Holidays we must prepare the work site for our return in the New Year.
- In your absence there may be no snow removal crew so we need to ensure all cord and cables are rolled up and stored away from roads and walkways.
- We need to make sure all equipment is shut down and plugged in if required.
- We need to Gather and store all tools and equipment.
- Housekeeping must be a priority especially outside in the snowy areas. Items could be hidden under the snow when you return creating hidden slip and trip hazards when covered with snow.
- Above all, enjoy the break, rest and relax and be prepared to be focused on your safety and work task when you return in the New Year.
We need to Plan our journey in advance.
We need to ensure we are fit to drive.
We need to ensure the vehicle is in safe working condition.
We need to comply with rules and legislation, ensuring as a minimum that we:
- Wear a seatbelt
- Obey the speed limit
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited while driving
- Avoid distractions (eg eating, drinking, texting)
There are few new distracted driving regulations coming into effect in the New Year. Drinking coffee while driving might be one of them….LOOK OUT
Each year a number of families have their Christmas end through the tragedy of fire. This year, implement the 100% Safe Culture at home as you do at work.
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?