Think about what could happen if your mind is NOT on the task at hand. Yes, it is that time of the year and we all need to RE-FOCUS on the job at hand. How does your mind wander?
The more routine the task, the more the mind wanders on other things like ‘to do lists, finances, the holidays, etc.’ On average, 4 hours of every day at work our mind is on something other than the task at hand. When you lose focus in our construction world, you are basically cruising for trouble! Our job is of safety sensitive and we cannot afford to let our mind wondered away from our job.
What can you do to stay FOCUSED?
- Review your scope of work – bring your mind back to the task at hand.
- Approach tasks as if you are teaching someone how to do it.
- Take a Break and a step back to Re-focus.
- Take 20 Seconds, Every 20 Minutes, To Look 20 Feet
- Apply Cold Eyes, call on someone else to take a fresh look at the task No assumption on anything.
- Pipeworx wants you all to get home safely this Christmas break.
- Life comes with a lot of distractions –the weather, family, days off… you name it.
- Individually assessing our state of mind before we start any task is key to our safety.
Tips to stay FOCUSED:
- STOP and Think before each task.
- Complete Quality Risk Assessments –consider the ‘What If’ and implement a mitigation plan.
- Take a Micro-Breakand apply the 20-20-20 rule. How do you watch out for others?
- Intervene if you see an unsafe act –STOP the work.
- Intervene if you see an unsafe condition See It, Own It, Fix It, Report It
END THE YEAR SAFELY, then Relax, NOT recuperate!
WE ARE ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO REFLECT ON THE REASONS YOU WORK SAFE AS MOTIVATION TO STAY FOCUSED THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS.
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?