One of the principal goals of Pipeworx’s Health and Safety Manual is to provide the framework where such oversight is made impossible through the use of due diligence and awareness at all levels in the organization.
Exceeding our goal of due diligence is largely dependent upon the quality of our supervisory personnel. Supervisory personnel must be provided with training to understand their responsibilities and comply with them.
To assist supervisory personnel in attaining due diligence expectations, Pipeworx Ltd. Construction management will ensure supervisory personnel receive instruction in:
- Health and safety responsibilities
- Training, instructing, and motivating workers to work safely through the use of worker orientations, tool box talks and one-on-one discussions
- Supervising workers, monitoring worker safety performance, correcting unsafe behavior, and enforcing program requirements
- Recognizing and controlling hazards
- Performing safety inspections
- Problem solving
- Performing job hazard analysis
- Performing accident investigations
Ensure supervisory personnel have demonstrated abilities in:
- Compatibility with company philosophy & culture
- Effective communication
- Leadership and safe organization of work
- Provide supervisory personnel with achievable safety objectives and timely feedback on their safety performance
- Employ and promote only those supervisors who demonstrate a concern for the health and safety of the employees they are in charge of.
- Provide materials to assist supervisors in developing and maintaining worker interest in health and safety
- Provide record keeping formats and maintain accurate and current data
- Communicate to Construction management, contractors, and workers that we and our supervisory personnel are committed to working safely
Share This Article
Subscribe to our RSS Feed. What is RSS?